Monday 20 August 2012

Roger Federer responds to Olympic defeat to Andy Murray with 'great final' in Cincinatti

 

The world number one thrashed Novak Djokovic 6-0 7-6 to win his fifth Cincinnati title and continue a fantastic summer which has seen him win Wimbledon and a silver medal at the Olympics.
He said afterwards to have a “great final” was the perfect response to the Olympic final defeat to British number one Andy Murray which saw him lose nine games in a row at one point.
"I've had a magical summer,” the 17-time major winner said. “I feel good about New York - but I'm going to savour this one for a bit.
“I came here and never dropped my serve. That's the kind of reaction I want to see from myself. I didn't have a letdown."
“This was probably the best week ever here in Cincinnati for me never dropping my serve and beating Novak in the final. This was very sweet. No doubt about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment